Thursday, August 21, 2008

Why?

I have been pondering on some very serious thoughts lately. Why is it that we, as Christians allow Satan to get our hearts and minds off of what is important in this life? It seems that some Christians are so busy finding fault with their brothers and sisters in Christ that they fail to see the reason we are all here--to win the lost for Christ and to ourselves, become more like Christ. Would Christ criticize a sister in Christ for wearing what he or she deems to be "not church clothes".......would Christ scoff at someone for reading a different version of His Word than the one of King James from 1611?

When will we be able to see people as people whom God loves so much that He sent His only Son to die for? In our ignorance, we continue to complain about the music we sang on Sunday, the verses the preacher read (did they step on toes?) or what Sister so and so was wearing....were those pants in the church??? When will we see the hurting people out in the world who have never seen the love of Jesus Christ? When will we be the ones to show them what Jesus looks like? He's not a picture on the wall of a Sunday School class--He is you and I, Christians (little Christs), living our lives before the world. We have Christ living in us--that's right, He is in us and we are in Him. Galatians 2:20 says that when we are saved we become new creations--old things are passed away!! What do you say, let's start living like we ARE new creations--IN CHRIST.

God has recently challenged me to pray for those hurting. It's amazing when you are burdened for hurting people how many He brings into your path. I want to say "But, God, I'm too emotional......I can't handle this"....then He reminds me that Jesus left Heaven, shed His blood and rose again that I might have the honor and priviledge to pray for those around me. Right now, I'm hurting for and praying for some people who have been hurt so deeply by other Christians. Let's each examine ourselves and be sure we aren't being so critical of one another that we fail to see the hurting, dying world before us.

Sorry--no cute pictures of my grandbabies tonight. I had to unload my heart here. Tomorrow I go to my doctor in Cincinnati, so I'm sure I'll have plenty of prayer time on the road. "Lord, help me to be an instrument for You--so that I may be acceptable to You--an Audience of One".

2 comments:

sherry said...

I feel your frustrations & then some Patty, I will pray for a safe trip tomorrow & a good & peaceful time to have a good long talk with your Father. It is amazing the peace we get from just unloading to others but even moreso to our Lord. It is always the best to just be listened to & not receive comments back & that quiet time with Him is special even though He knows are hearts before we go to Him. Hope all goes well at the doc. Love ya! Sherry

Jennifer said...

Hey Patty,
I'll be praying...love ya