Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A Visit to the zoo

Bryce and I had the opportunity to have a "Nana and Bryce" day today. We met my cousin and her grandson, Zachary at the Columbus Zoo for a day of fun! Zachary is adorable and quite a little gentleman. He told me that ever since he was a baby he missed me. (Which meant that he had never met me before and was happy to meet me, I think!). He turned 4 years old in May so he and Bryce are pretty close to the same age.
Bryce wanted to see "lions and tigers and bears, oh my". He wanted to see Mamaw's favorite animal (a giraffe) and Uncle Josh's favorite animal (a gorilla). We saw the lions, tigers and bears and some gorillas, however, there were no giraffe's to be found....except in the gift shop--the stuffed variety. The boys were in and out of the strollers to check out different animals. It was a great day, however the weather was kind of hot (I know, it IS August!!) and the animals were pretty lazy.


Bryce and I both liked the flamingos--he was amazed that they could just stand there on one leg. He asked why they had band aids on their legs (the tags they put on the to identify them). There was a baby flamingo that had been very sick and was now doing well.


I asked Zachary to sit down on a sculpture thing with Bryce so I could take a picture of them together. Not sure what he is doing, but we sure got a laugh out of the two of them--especially the look on Bryce's face. Thanks to Susie and Zachary for a fun day at the zoo. I loved spending the time with my favorite big boy too--he's a great little guy. Bryce was especially excited to go to the zoo after VBS last week. They learned a song that said "my cousins are not monkeys, they never lived in a zoo".....well, you can be the judge of that!!! Some of the monkeys sure did look familiar. :)

2 comments:

sherry said...

Looks like you uys had a great day. He is such a sweet heart & I think we became good friends during VBS I enjoyed him so much.

Jennifer said...

I think I have a couple of monkeys living at my house...or would that be 3?