Friday, August 22, 2008

Continued:

Yesterday's post was written out of frustration and hurt I think. We sat around last night and talked about things. We concluded that generally we are a people who care mostly about ourselves while the rest of the world is dying and going to Hell. Anyway, on my way to Cincinnati today, I listened to my new Brandon Heath CD (it's a good one!), the first song on the CD is so cool and speaks of what I'm talking about....It's called Give Me Your Eyes. It's about seeing hurting, lonely people everywhere and not even noticing. Then asking God to give us His eyes so that we might see. Here's the chorus

Give me Your eyes for just one second
Give me Your eyes so I can see
Everything that I keep missing
Give me Your love for humanity
Give me Your arms for the broken hearted
The ones that are far beyond my reach
Give me Your heart for the ones forgotten
Give me Your eyes so I can see

How awesome are those words? They are awesome, but also so convicting....Lord, please give me Your eyes......I need to see.

No comments: