Monday, June 9, 2008

Learning Lessons

Our pastor (whom we dearly loved) resigned and left our church in February. From that time on, we have had a different preacher each Sunday to fill the pulpit. Some have been "potential candidates", while others have been there to preach just for the one Sunday. It's hard sometimes to go from week to week, knowing that there will be someone different there each week. However, there have been some men who have preached whom have truly blessed us with great messages from God's word and presented the Word of God very well.

We had a local pastor who offered to fill the pulpit last night just for the evening. He has been a pastor at his church for 21 years--a great deal of time for a pastor to be at one church. He was very encouraging and yet challenging at the same time. God has brought one certain phrase to my attention about 10 times in the last 6 weeks or so. I heard it again last night. The pastor was preaching about unity in the local church and forgiving those who have wronged us in the church. (That was the challenging part to me!) He then said that we needed to remember that our lives needed to be lived to glorify God--pleasing an "Audience of One" (that's the phrase!!). I have been praying that God will show me how my life needs to be led to be pleasing to Him--with Christ living through me, may I see that I need to be pleasing to that "Audience of One".

God uses people in my life each and every day to teach me a new lesson. Sometimes it's a message I hear, sometimes it's through one of my own kids or grandkids. :) I am thankful that He loves me and wants me to be more like Jesus Christ and that He wants me to learn lessons.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

It's hard to remember our lives are lived for so "little" an audience. Makes me wonder what my audience is thinking when I'm by myself!