Thursday, January 1, 2009

Ponytail, Ponytail, You Is a Gril

Weird title, I know....but, when Josh was little, he used to stand by his daddy on the couch and he would gather up some of Daddy's hair and say, "Ponytail, ponytail, oo (you) is a gril (girl)". When I saw Mia yesterday, those words came back to me. And, here is why:


Yeah, Mia has enough hair now to put some little piggy tails in her hair. She and Krista came over yesterday evening for awhile. David had some responsibilities at the church and wouldn't be home until after midnight and I hated for the two of them to be alone all evening, so I invited them to come over and visit with us. I love having them come over, so this was a perfect opportunity! I don't like to butt in on their family time, so I was really happy that they had a free evening. We had church, but it didn't start until 9:00 p.m., so we got to visit with little Miss Mia for a couple hours!!
My parents have gone to Florida for the winter, so I promised I would try to update this blog at least once a week with pictures of the kids. So, there may be posts that are really boring to most people, but I know that Granny & Bippy will love seeing pictures of the kids, so some others may have to put up with the randomness of some posts!

We went to church for our Watchnight Service last night. It started at 9:00 and we had prayer time and a small devotional, then played games and ate in the basement. We had a good time, although I've found that I'm too slow for Dutch Blitz!! :) I pray that as the New Year has now begun, that we will all strive to be more like Christ and be ever mindful of those around us. As the Brandon Heath song says, "Give Me Your Eyes"....let's try to see others through the eyes of God--seeing their needs and their hurts. We have the answer to life's problems and hurts--it is Jesus Christ.

Happy New Year!!!! May 2009 be a wonderful, productive year--one dedicated to the cause of Christ!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Cute little Mia!!! I will be eager to see all of your posts too! Maybe not as excited as Granny and Bippy, but excited nonetheless!!