Monday, January 12, 2009

Looking Forward

Last week, here in the Arrick household, it was just a rough week. It started on Sunday and was completed on Friday. It seemed like there were so many things that happened last week, that I was sure God was testing me somehow.....or maybe us.

I allowed people and what they say to discourage me, steal my joy and just generally make me miserable with grief. I prayed for God to give me the answers--prayed for my attitude--prayed for the attitude of others. I prayed that God would do a work on those who found it necessary to drag others down with criticism.

Our family gathered on Monday evening to watch the OSU game (see previous post) and enjoy some family time together. Well, between dinner and the beginning of the game, we had a phone call from an irate customer.....who chewed my husband out for about 20 minutes. I really wanted to call her house about 3:00 a.m. and ask what made her think it was o.k. to call someone's house about a business problem, etc. But, I held my desire to do that in check. Then came Tuesday--a very stressful day. Wives know that when someone attacks one of your own, you become like a mother lion or bear--seeking to attack back. I think I cried more last week than I have in any one week period in my entire life. Then on Friday, someone broke into our car while we were eating out. I had been allowed to enjoy a wonderful day with Mia, while her mommy and daddy were busy with the activities of moving. We had enjoyed a nice dinner and then came out to find the car window had been shattered and someone had stolen a purse out of my car. I am so thankful that my wallet, check book, etc. were not in the purse. There was, however a nice camera--which had a memory card in it with pictures of my grandbabies! That really bothered me!! We're praying that the person who stole the purse was only looking for money and that the rest of the contents will be found.

So, today is the 2nd day of a new week. Krista was called to jury duty today and got selected to the jury. She called and was pretty upset about it. I've been praying for her off and on all day. After just moving, etc., she is very worn out and emotional. I felt so bad for her when I talked to her.

Anyway, I've said all this to say that there is a new Jeremy Camp song out which really encourages me. I'm going to post the lyrics to the song, called "There Will Be A Day"....it speaks of the day when we will be free from the worries, the lonliness we sometimes feel, the heartache of this life.... we'll see Jesus face-to-face. It should be my focus daily, but I have to admit that after a week like last week, I do look forward to the day when there will be no conflict, no heartache, no crying, no more pain! If you haven't heard this song, it's worth finding it online and listening. It's a great song.

Thanks to all for allowing me to "unload" a little here. I pray that I will be fully relying on God and His help this week. I have given the day to him.....and will do so again tomorrow. I just heard on the radio this morning how so many people get excited about a brand new year, but as Christians, we are awarded a brand new day each and every day. God's mercies are new every morning! Have a great week!

Here's that song:

Jeremy Camp -
There Will Be A Day
From the album Speaking Louder Than Before
I try to hold on to this world with everything I have
But I feel the weight of what it brings, and the hurt that trys to grab
The many trials that seem to never end,
His word declares this truth, that we will enter in this rest with wonders anew
But I hold on to this hope and the promise that He brings
That there will be a place with no more suffering
(Chorus)There will be a day with no more tears, no more pain, and no more fears
There will be a day when the burdens of this place, will be no more, we'll see Jesus face to face But until that day, we'll hold on to you always I know the journey seems so long
You feel you’re walking on your own
But there has never been a step
Where you’ve walked out all alone
(Chorus)
Troubled soul don’t lose your heart
Cause joy and peace he brings
And the beauty that’s in store
Outweighs the hurt of life’s sting
I can’t wait until that day where the very one
I’ve lived for always will wipe away the sorrow that I’ve faced
To touch the scars that rescued me from a life of shame and misery this is why this is why I sing

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Hang in there friend!! Love ya!