Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Happy Birthday Jayme

Yesterday was Jayme's 28th birthday. I can hardly believe that it has been 28 years since I became a mother for the first time. It seems like only yesterday that she was that tiny little girl born after several days of labor. Becoming a mom has been one of the greatest blessings in my life, second to my salvation and being a wife. I have the greatest kids in the whole world! Each of them unique and special!!

We had a little family party to celebrate Jayme's birthday. I made dinner and had everyone here. The party was a little hectic and a little on the wild side. Bryce had been coughing for a couple days--flare up of his asthma. Apparently he got a little too worked up and threw up a couple times. Mia was just excited to have everyone there and was happy to be there too. She was running around squealing and laughing. Collin was a little intimidated with everyone there and he was crying. :) I know, typical evening, huh?

Anyway, we had a great time. Dinner, cake and pie (thanks Lois) and ice cream. We had present time (of course!). Well, the surprise I eluded to before was the following:
Thursday evening when the boys stayed here with me, Bryce painted his mommy a picture for her birthday. I gave him the idea of the flowers, but he said "Mommy does like flowers", and then helped him pick colors, etc. But, he did the painting himself. Isn't it adorable? He worked very hard on the picture and left it here to dry on Thursday. He came home from church with us on Sunday and spent the afternoon. I had put it in a frame and he wrapped it up for Jayme. He was so excited--he just knew his mommy was going to love his painting.
She opened it and looked very surprised and happy with the picture. Here she is when she opened it. And, then.......here they are together. He was so proud and happy that she liked the picture. Here are a few other pictures from the evening. It seemed like I was really busy, so I didn't get to shoot many pictures.

Mia had so much fun. She loves family get togethers. She loves to say "YoYo" too, and enjoys playing with Uncle YoYo. She did some pretty fun dances for entertainment and was just fun.Collin is sitting in his little chair, keeping an eye on Uncle David. David was making some noises at him and I loved this look on his face. He's a sweet baby! And, for the last picture.....the birthday girl with her favorite (Union Mills) cake, blowing out her candles.........Silly Jayme! Happy Birthday Sweets. I love you so!!

2 comments:

Angela said...

Happy Birthday, Jayme! I can't believe she is 28. I remember the first time I saw her. We had the church bus and I think we were picking up kids for VBS. We went to your all's house and out she came with her bouncing blond curls and fancy dress. I thought she was the prettiest girl I had ever seen. I will never forget that vision. She was a gorgeous little girl! Patty, you have done good. Your family has really become a great family and you should be proud of them. Tell everyone I said hello.

Jennifer said...

I would have to say that the cake looked delicious...