Thursday, September 4, 2008

Matthew 6:33

It seems like in the last 9 months to a year that God has been trying to teach me something. I'm either dense or just not getting it. :) But, anyway, I get a daily bible verse of the day to my e-mail inbox. It's been awhile back, but 2 days in a row, I got the same verse--Matthew 6:33. The first one came on a Sunday. While I was getting ready for church that morning (after checking my e-mail) I was watching a preacher on t.v. He referred to Matthew 6:33 in his message. Then on Monday, I check my e-mail--that's right, Matthew 6:33 again. I mentioned this coincidence (o.k., not a coincidence) to my pastor at the time. He gave me some messages pertaining to the Kingdom of God on CD. ( Matthew 6:33 says: But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.) So, I listened to the CD's, still not completely getting it. I've now come to the conclusion that God wants me to see that not everyone in the kingdom of God is just like me. God's kingdom, or the dome in which God is King, always looks like Jesus dying on the cross. The kingdom of God is made up of people of every race, nationality, different denominations (yeah, it's hard to believe that Heaven is not going to be made up of Baptists only!! haha!!). God has been showing me that I am not the judge of people, I am here to love those around me--love the unloveable, the dirty, the addicts, the poor, the "religious" (legalists), etc. Do you ever wonder why the "undesirable" in the world don't seek out us Christians? They did seek out Jesus--they wanted to be with Him. He loved them where they were. Is it hard to love those whom we don't really "like"? Uh......YEAH!! I want my little world to be just like me--you know, dress like me, look like me, act like me, talk like me.......etc., however, the Kingdom of God is NOT about me. It's about glorifying God in all that I do--realizing that God loves the guy I see with the mohawk and 15 earrings--He loves him just like he loves me. Actually, I praise God that He is the one who is the King of His dome......I just know that I am SO imperfect and so judgemental at times. God, help me to live my life as a member of YOUR kingdom--loving and caring for those around me.

Oh, yeah, by the way, today, my verse delivered to my e-mail was-----Matthew 6:33. I'm listening Lord, speak more to me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sure is hard...huh?
I hope I get that message in my head and heart as well.
Now I have to go and listen to those messages again!