Saturday, September 13, 2008

Find Your Wings, Buddy

For a long time, I had the ringtone on my cell phone set to Mark Harris's song, Find Your Wings for Josh--when he called that's what would play. Well, I think the time has come that he is ready to get out and find his wings. He signed a lease today on his first solo apartment. He's going to move in gradually over the next couple weeks. The apartment is in Huntington, about an hour and a half away from home. I am really very happy for him--I know he's ready to be out on his own. The other times he has left, I've always known that he would be back for extended periods of time......like Spring break, Christmas break, etc. Well, I'm trying not to be very sad, but instead be happy for him. He's going to have the opportunity to attend and get involved in a great church down there--like 3 minutes from his apartment. So, today, after we looked at the apartment, the song, Find Your Wings kept running through my head. Here are a few pictures of his apartment--it's really a great place.
This is the door leading into his apartment. I like it because this door stays locked and his apartment door locks too--not that I'm nervous about his safety or anything. :)
Josh checking out his kitchen and the gift that the management of the apartment complex left him. It's a nice kitchen--I'm sure he'll be doing a lot of cooking in there....HAHAHA!!!

His back porch--the one on the bottom level. The apartment has 2 bedrooms and a nice big living room and a nice bathroom and dining room. Hopefully we'll still get to see him every now and then. :) So, for those of you who don't now the song Find Your Wings, I'm going to post the lyrics here too. I love you Josh--we'll miss having you here all the time, but I'm happy for you, I think you're going to love your new place.

It's only for a moment you are mine to hold

The plans that heaven has for you

Will all too soon unfold

So many different prayers I'll pray

For all that you might do

But most of all I'll want to know You're walking in the truth

And If I never told you I want you to know

As I watch you grow

Chorus:I pray that God would fill your heart with dreams

And that faith gives you the courage

To dare to do great things

I'm here for you whatever this life brings

So let my love give you roots

And help you find your wings

May passion be the wind

That leads you through your days

And may conviction keep you strong

Guide you on your way

May there be many moments

That make your life so sweet

Oh, but more than memories

It's not living if you don't reach for the sky

I'll have tears as you take off

But I'll cheer as you fly

No comments: