Monday, September 29, 2008

30 Years!!

Today marks the 30th anniversary of the best day of my life. It was 30 years ago today, on a Friday night, that my husband and I got married. We were very young then and very naive--but we have had many great years to grow together. God blessed us with 3 of the greatest kids, who have proven to be great people and friends in the last few years. Growing older and celebrating 30 years of marriage is sort of bittersweet. I miss the days of the kids being around all the time, running around with them to their different activities, etc. However, having adult children is wonderful too--my kids are some of my very best friends.

Many people told us 30 years ago that we were way too young to get married--we didn't know what we were doing, etc. We were criticized many times for decisions we made, plans that we had, etc. I won't lie and say that every day of the 30 years has been great--but, I will say that over all, God has blessed me with the most wonderful husband who has taken great care of our family financially, spiritually and physically for 30 years. God has now given us the priviledge of seeing 3 granchildren being added to our family, who bring the greatest joy.

Our lives have truly been blessed by the gracious hand of God. I pray that He allows us to have 30 more years of life together here and then praise Him, we will get to spend eternity in Heaven--together and with our Heavenly Father.

So, anyway, here's to you, sweetie. I love you more today that I did 30 years ago, but not nearly as much as I will in the days to come.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Wow, 30 years...that's great! I absolutely LOVE the picture too. I see Jayme standing there in you. Thanks for sharing it!
Love you guys, Jennifer

sherry said...

Happy Anniversary Patty & Ralph
I appreciate all the two of you do and you are a shining example of marriage, I plan to attend that 60th bash too!Love ya-Sherry

Stacy said...

LOVE the ruffles, Ralph. Are they pink?
Yes, I did the same thing to my husband. He was dressed in white. Kinda looked like the Pope.

Patty said...

Hey Stacy. Actually the shirts were pink....his brothers complained SO much about them. But, it was the 70's--what can I say? :)