Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Justification

Yesterday after I watched Mia in the morning, there was nothing special going on. I knew that my "guys" would be gone until about 7:00 that evening, so feeling a little sorry for myself, I decided to go run some errands that needed to be done. I was alone in the car, so I decided to listen to a sermon on podcast I had on my Ipod. It was by a wonderful preacher in Huntington, WV. He was preaching from Romans 4. Wow....what a reminder to me of what God has done for us all. Just as Abraham was justified by his faith, so we are justified by our faith in Christ. Nothing else--not faith plus wearing the right clothes, not faith plus working 20 hours a week in the church, not faith plus baptism, church membership or anything else!! It is simple faith in Christ that makes us righteous in the sight of God. I hadn't heard this preacher preach for some time and I guess it was the combination of hearing him preach and the message, but it truly did speak to me. I am righteous in the sight of God, because I have placed my complete faith in Jesus Christ and His finished work on Calvary for my salvation!! Praise God for His provision of His Son, Praise Jesus for His willingness to shed His blood for a filthy sinner like me. This is the most awesome fact in the world!

I ended up rejoicing in the Lord for all He has done for me instead of feeling sorry for myself after listening. So, thanks Pastor for the message. ;) I do miss hearing those challenges as well as encouraging messages from you.

1 comment:

sherry said...

Ya know Patty there is this pastor that I know that sounds like that pastor you listened to, & I miss him so!!!!!along with his sweet family.