Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A Very Special Mother's Day


Sunday, May 11, 2008 was a very special Mother's Day for me. Not only was I able to spend the weekend with most of my family, but my youngest child, Josh graduated from Asbury College. While I think that every graduation is special, somehow this one seemed a little more close to my heart than most. From the first day of kindergarten, Josh has not exactly loved school. On his first day of kindergarten, my mom called him to see how it had gone (they were on a vacation out west at the time). He had already told me that he didn't like it and didn't really want to ever go back. Well, she asked how he liked it and he repeated that he didn't like it. She told him that he had a lot of school yet to go to, like at least 13 more years. He said "That's what Mommy told me too".

Fast forward 16 and some years and here he was, in a cap and gown graduating from college. Josh had experienced some hard times right before the last semester started and had a really hard time going back after Christmas break. But, he also saw that God was really working in his life at that time and he stuck it out, thanks in part to a very good friend/pastor/advisor. So, like I said, graduation day was really special for all of us. Praise the Lord for good friends and family that prayed for Josh and for this day.

So, here's to you, Josh.......your dad and I are so very proud of you. We just know that God has some very special plans for you. He loves you more than anything. Remember, "You Are Not Who You Were".

I love you so much Pal.


No comments: