Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Need to Love


It's been a couple weeks ago that these pictures were taken, but I thought they were cute and I just needed to put them on here. The day that Gracie Jean went home to be with Jesus, I was driving by Krista and David's to pick up Jayme and the boys. The men folk were at a hog roast and we were going to go to dinner before church. Well, as I drove by, Mia was out in the yard walking around. I had thought about her all day--I guess hurting for the Browns losing Gracie and thinking how blessed I am to still have my baby Mia here with me. I waved, but then couldn't stand not stopping by to just hug Mia a little. I pulled in and rolled my window to talk to Krista a minute. She said "Ever since I heard about Gracie this morning, I have just wanted to hug Mia and hold her". So, I guess we were both feeling about the same way that day. And, Mia was so happy to see me that she obliged with lots of hugs and loving. Sometimes I wonder why I wait until something happens to someone else to properly praise God for the wonderful blessings in my life. He has blessed me beyond belief with so many things. Not possessions particularly, but with moments, memories and a family that is SO special to me. And, more than anything, He has blessed me with my salvation--the assurance of knowing that Jesus has covered my sins with His blood. I am righteous in the eyes of God--He sees me through the blood of Christ. Praise Him!!


So, anyway, here's one more picture of Mia from that day. I love my grandkids SO much--can you tell???

No comments: