Friday, October 31, 2008

Louise Kathern Arrick 1924 - 2008

Last night after the fun of trick-or-treating with the grandkids, eating dinner with family and friends and just having some fun, we came home only to hear the news that Ralph's mom, Louise had passed away. She had complained of having a stomach virus type thing--vomiting, etc.--but apparently it was something that was going around at the retirement center. Ron called to tell Ralph the news, and was pulling in our driveway at the same time. It still seems so unreal--she was so close to death not 2 months ago, but God wasn't ready for her to come Home yet.

Louise loved her family--her boys, her daughters-in-law, her grandchildren and her great grandchildren. She was such a gentle spirit, never demanding much from anyone, but always thankful for what she had. She's never been the butting in kind of mother-in-law--not in the 30 years I've been her daughter-in-law. She was loving, accepting and always praising. I remember when my kids were young, she was always encouraging and would express that she thought we were doing a good job raising our kids. I'm sure that we can all attest to the fact that she was very generous. I know that my kids are very thankful to her for all the love and help she's given each of them over the years.


Louise will be missed, that's for sure. I praise God that Ralph went out to see her today, he didn't stay long, but she wasn't feeling well. She had been having trouble with her recliner and he was talking to her today about going to get her a new lift chair tomorrow. Little did he know that God was going to lift her to the Heavens, where she will no longer need a lift chair. I was talking to Josh this evening and he said "I've been thinking about how happy Grandpa probably was to see Grandma this evening"........my son--he's got such an insight and wisdom. I know that Louise was very happy to see Ralph Sr., and Grandma Buckle (her mom) and Marie (her granddaughter) and Walter (her brother) and all those who have gone before her--all who had accepted Christ as their Savior and had been waiting there for her. I know that Marie was probably really glad to see Grandma too--it had been quite some time since she had seen her.


So, please pray for the Arrick boys--they are hurting, but not as those who have no hope. They are rejoicing that she is with loved ones and with her Savior. It's still not easy to lose a loved one, especially a parent.

Ralph's brother, Doug and his wife, Sherry came to visit at the end of September. Louise was still in the hospital, but a bunch of us were able to go down and visit with her there. Here she is holding Collin. She loved those great grandkids too! I have another picture I wanted to post on here, but can't find it right now. I'm exhausted and will try to find it tomorrow.

1 comment:

sherry said...

Praying for you all & especially her boys. Thankful that she is now resting in heaven.