Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Donatello

I would like to introduce you to my grandson, Donatello! In the last 3 weeks or so, Bryce has become very interested (o.k., obsessed) with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. It started out that he and I went to the Family Dollar store while waiting for Uncle Josh and Papaw one evening and found some little Turtles. Uncle Josh told Bryce about having some bigger ones that he had when he was a little boy. So, now, Bryce IS a Ninja Turtle. I've been told (thanks for remembering Stacy) that Josh was all about Ninja Turtles when he was younger. I remember him really liking them, but I guess the extent of it has slipped my mind.


Josh and Jayme had to take baby Collin to get his bilirubin checked on Saturday, and Bryce wore his Donatello costume to the hospital. It ended up taking longer than they thought it would, so Josh took Bryce to Wendy's to get some lunch. I guess a lady there was talking to Bryce and asked his name. Josh said "His name is Bryce"....so she asked the question again to Bryce. He whispered to his daddy "It's Donatello"......so, the lady then addressed him as Donatello. He loves it when he gets Uncle Josh to himself to play Ninja Turtles with him--or beat someone up with the stick that came with the Donatello costume. :)


So, this post is for you, Donatello. Nana loves you precious boy. You are my precious BIG boy now. I am very proud of you and how well you are doing with your baby brother. God gave Collin the best big brother ever. And, He gave Bryce (er, I mean Donatello) a very special baby brother....(whom Bryce has nicknamed Michaelangelo....the party dude!)

1 comment:

Beverly said...

How precious - the memories these little ones create for us are priceless.
--Beverly