Thursday, July 10, 2008

Collin Isaiah Greene


Well, our beautiful new grandson arrived at 4:08 a.m. on Wednesday, July 9. He took his precious time coming and the process was pretty hard on his wonderful mommy, but I'm sure she would say that he was well worth the whole thing. He weighed in at 9 lbs. 3 oz. and was 22 inches long. Yeah, and he was 8 days early. I guess he wanted to try to be as big as his Uncle Josh. It was such a blessing for me to be able to be at the hospital when Collin arrived. So far, I've been able to be at the hospital when each of my 3 grandchildren were born. I'm so appreciative to Aunt Kiki and Uncle Josh for making that possible this time. They were so gracious to volunteer to care for Bryce while we were at the hospital. It's been a fun experience to spend so much time with Bryce the last 3 or 4 days too. He's a sweet boy who truly loves his new baby brother.


Bryce thinks that Collin is "so cute". Josh was videoing him when he was holding him for the first time and he said "he's so cute" and then "Mommy, I love him". Today when I took him home, he hurried up the steps to see his baby Collin--at home!


Krista brought Mia down to the hospital so that they could see Baby Collin and check on Jayme. Mia couldn't get enough of the baby. I'm holding her here along with Collin. I asked her to "give Baby Collin some love" and she laid her head down on him and patted the back of his papoose thing.

God has blessed me so much with such a wonderful family. I am truly not worthy, but am so, so, very thankful. To God be ALL the glory and praise.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Beautiful, absolutely beautiful!

Beverly said...

Patty - Congratulations Nana! Collin is beautiful and I'm sure you are thankful for this precious addition. I must admit you have beautiful grandchildren and I'm sure you and Ralph feel blessed. Give Jayme and her husband my best as they nurture this new little one with his big brother, Bryce. God is so good to us!
--Beverly

Stacy said...

Does he remind you of another sweet baby from almost 23 years ago? (Em told me about your blog.)