Sunday, March 29, 2009

Trusting God


This past week, David and Krista had to take Mia to Cincinnati to have an MRI on Wednesday and a consultation with the neurosurgeon on Thursday. (To read more about the results of it, read Krista's blog here). Be sure to read her entry on the passage from Philipians. It's funny how much we can learn from our kids, you know? Many times I have told Krista that God knows all about Mia and knew from her conception that she would have this problem and that she would have to have surgery. It's not a surprise to Him. Why, then, do I feel so nervous about it? God loves that little lady more than I can ever imagine--much more than even I can love her--and let me tell you, that's a LOT. :)



I am learning to trust God in a whole new way. I'm trusting a very special baby girl to His love and His care. After all, He created her for His glory, isn't He the best one to care for her? I am committing to memorizing the verses Krista posted and to pray those words--trusting that God will remind me often of His care and His goodness.



If you don't mind, please put Mia on your prayer list--she will be having her surgery in the next month or six weeks. Please pray that God will hold her in the palm of His mighty and loving hand--cradling her with His goodness.



Thanks to you all who have been praying for her and who have asked about her. I love all my grandkids so much and love that God loves them more!!




1 comment:

Jennifer said...

We'll be praying Patty.