Friday, May 29, 2009

God in the convertible???

1 Peter 5:7-9
Casting all your anxieties on Him, because He cares for you. Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. Resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same kinds of suffering are being experienced by your brotherhood throughout the world



The scripture above are verses that I've "known" for years. However it seems in the last few months--almost year that those verses have rang so true. I just told someone the other day that it just seemed like there were so many people hurting. Our church is relatively small and I know of some really sad, terrible situations. There are people dealing with health issues, family issues, lonliness, unconfessed sin, etc. There are people within the church who don't "like" others, there are just SO many hurting people.


Well, today, I had to go to the grocery store to get some groceries for a carry-in dinner at church on Sunday. I was so burdened for a couple different people--one special friend who had to undergo a second surgery in 10 days, a family member going through some rough times. Well, I decided to drive my convertible today--the sky was a beautiful blue, the clouds so light and fluffy, the air so comfortable. I drove with the top down, praying for the people who were on my heart. I know it sounds strange, but somehow with the top down, I felt like my prayers were flying straight up to Heaven, directly to the ear of God. I know that God hears each and every prayer I whisper and the ones in my heart, that never have voice to them. But, somehow today, listening to Chris Tomlin on the CD player, smelling the wild honeysuckle and wild roses and feeling the wonderful breeze, well, it seemed like God was "there". I continued to pray, and praised God for the miracle of His creation and the beauty of the Earth He made. As I prayed for a young man who has been on my heart so deeply for a couple weeks, I really felt like God was reaching out to him at that very minute, touching his heart.


As I was casting all my anxiety on Him--I knew without a doubt that He cared for me--and cared about all those hurting people I was crying out for. I also know that Satan is just around the corner, trying to convince us that God doesn't care and that our cares don't matter to Him. But, as I prayed to God, I realized that I was kicking Satan--proving to him that God does care, that He loves His children and that He wills and allows what is best in each of our lives. And, that God wants to hear from me--hear about the cares of my heart. That thought is so deep to me--the God of the universe--the Creator, cares about ME!!


So, do I think that a convertible is the BEST place to talk with God? No, I think anywhere is the best place. God is with me no matter where I go or what I'm driving. However, today it seemed like God really showed me His presence--which was exactly what my hurting heart needed. I praise God for His love, His mercy, His grace and his never ending presence in my life.

No comments: