Friday, February 27, 2009

First Haircut

Yesterday, Krista and I took Mia to the beauty shop for her first official haircut. She had about 10 long hairs when she was tiny that Krista cut, but this was her first time in the beauty shop for a "real" haircut. She's going to be a flower girl in a wedding in June, and she had some wild hair sometimes in the back. So, Krista decided that she would like to have it cut to make it appear thicker and help it to grow evenly.

This is what Mia thought of the whole idea of a haircut! I don't know if it's because she has had to endure some pretty awful things at various doctors offices and hospitals, but when Deb came towards her, she started screaming. She wanted Nana to hold her, so I got a cape and she got a cute little pink butterfly cape. She wasn't really impressed with the cape or the Minnie Mouse I was trying to make dance in front of her to distract her. She loved the picture Deb had hanging up of her granddaughter, Mari, but that wouldn't even comfort her during the actual cutting time. :)

She did hold pretty still though...well, some of the time and Deb did a great job on the "do". She trimmed it once and Krista said she wouldn't mind it being a little shorter, so she trimmed some more off of it. At the end of the ordeal, Deb gave her a Dum Dum sucker, which you can see made her feel a lot better. But, of course, it was a purple one I guess that would make anyone feel better, huh?

Here's what her hair looked like in the back when she was finished. Deb just dusted her bangs a little so they didn't fall into her eyes, but didn't cut those. She's still go so much new hair coming in. Isn't it adorable though?




And, best of all (hehe)....she got a "First Haircut Certificate" with some of the hair in a little bag on the certificate. I guess she's now an official "girly" girl, huh? Her beauty shop experiences have begun. Krista couldn't wait to get her home and play with it some--curl it up a little, etc. But, it was a fun experience....well, it was for me. I'm thankful that I was invited to go along. :) And, after we finished at the beauty shop, we went to Wendy's for a Kid's Meal--cheeseburger, fries and lots of "dip dip" (aka ketchup). We called Jayme and she and Collin met up with us for lunch. So, Mia got to see Collin also....that helped make up for the tragic day she had--hehe....she was really not hurt at all in the cutting of her hair. :)

No cheeseburger for this guy. He had his baby food and then just sat back and watched everyone else eat and played with his turtle. He's such a good baby. :) For those of you who are wondering about Bryce, he's getting to be a big boy....hates for me to take his picture. He was at preschool on this day, so he wasn't with us. He's a very fine young man though...I'll try really soon to get some good pictures of him and post them. He was playing a Wii game last night while he was here and I tried to take his picture--he said "Nana, quit taking my picture--I'm playing Mater Nationals". :) I sure do love these three little blessings. Each one is so different, and special to me.

No comments: