Thursday, July 23, 2009

GOD IS SO GOOD!!!

So, it's been 17 months since our wonderful Pastor Scott and his fantastic family left us at our church. Have you ever thought about how good God is and realized what a blessing He gives us so often through church family? Well, when the Duncans left, there were many, many people at Grace that felt like our world had collapsed. God had another ministry for Pastor Scott, and for that I am thankful--especially for everything he has done for my son. He has been a friend, a godly example and a wonderful mentor for Josh. However, when they left us, I realized how much I had taken them for granted. I longed for the long talks Jennifer and I had, I cried over not having Pastor Scott to go to when I had a question or a concern. And, the kids, well....I really missed them too. And Bryce missed his buddy Ben and his fiancee Anna Kate.

But, thankfully, God has led us through that time.....not that we don't still miss them, but He has shown us that our dependency needs to be on Him and Him alone. Not on the pastor...although the pastor can be a great encourager and motivator. Today, we got an e-mail and confirmation that God has indeed led another pastor to us. Pastor Russell Wight from Somers, Connecticut has accepted God's call to Grace. Oh, how I praise God for leading us this godly man. As we prepare for him and his family to come, I pray that we will all be helpful to them, loving towards them and accepting of them. Isn't it amazing how God's timing is always perfect? We've been through several "potential candidates", none of which seemed to "fit". I pray that God will pour out His blessing on Grace--help us to change where we need to change and to learn to accept leadership and Godly guidance.

Thank you Lord, so much for leading a pastor to us. Now may we all be aware of and follow through on wherever our place is in the body of Christ and that we may show the love of Christ to a lost community.

No comments: