Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

Well, Thanksgiving has come and gone. There's a blog I follow in which the writer encouraged everyone to find something to thank God for that you find hard to be thankful for. I try to generally be a thankful person and had to think a little about this. However, I remembered back almost a year ago and a very hard time our family was forced to go through. I tried to be thankful for that time. And, believe it or not, I found that I was thankful for it. It drew me closer to a member of my family, it made me thankful that God drew that person to Himself and it made me thankful that the time is now over. So, what is hard at the time, can make us thankful later.


We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. My mom cooked (with help from us all) for the family again. She likes to have everyone in and can still manage to cook a great meal for a big group, even after getting used to cooking for two. We were able to have some great food, some great fellowship and got some pretty good pictures. :)



I hate to admit it, but it took us about 10 tries to get a good picture of the Greenes. Not that they aren't photogenic as can be, but well, there was one of them that was way too excited about everything going on to stand still and get his picture taken. (Shame on you, Josh ;)...haha)


The Dunhams were a little easier--Mia is still pretty easily contained. She had a great time--after she warmed up to everyone. She played in the sale papers for about 40 minutes--like you would play in leaves. It was hilarious and she had a blast. :)

Uncle Josh with his best little girl. She loves for him to pick her up in the air like that. I think because he's so tall and strong. :) He's a great uncle to all the kids. Bryce loves to play with him and wrestle with him. Mia loves him because he picks her up like this and gives her the t.v. remote. She's not allowed to have it at home, but Uncle Josh is a softy. And, Collin loves to look at Uncle Josh and smile at him. Josh is feeling a little more comfortable holding Collin now too. He's better at controling his head. (Collin, I mean)


And, here are the three greatest gifts God ever gave me. I have loved this bunch all their lives--even before that. :) I knew I loved each of them the moment I saw them and have never quit loving them. It's fun being their mom now, but also being able to be their friend. I guess there are advantages to your kids growing up. I still get sentimental and weepy sometimes when I think about how quickly the time has gone since they were little. But, I do love them so....then and now.And, here are the Roes. My younger brother and his family. His daughter, Sharayah just got engaged a few weeks ago to Kevin (on the right). So, probably by next Thanksgiving, he'll officially be a memeber of the family. Although he already seems to be a part of the family.

I hope that everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I am so thankful for each and every blessing in my life. I'm also thankful for the situations God brings into my life that cause me to see Him and seek Him. I guess now it's time to get busy on the Christmas preparations. :)

1 comment:

Angela said...

Wow! I can't believe your kids! When I left out there, they were still kids. Congratulations to Sharaya! She was really little when I left and now she is getting married. How could they all be getting older, I'm not. Ha! Ha!
I'm glad you had a great day with the family. I hope we get to get together sometime in the near future. Miss you guys!