Sunday, November 9, 2008

My Cute Grandkids

This past week has been a hectic one, to be sure. Hectic, but enjoyable. Thursday, I got to go over and stay with Mia while her mommy went to a doctor's appointment. Mia usually naps from noon until about 3:00 or so. However, that day, she went to sleep about 11:45 and then by the time I got there about 12:30, she was up! Personally, I think she knew Nana was coming and wanted to get to see me. We had so much fun. We went for a walk up the road then came back and played in the leaves for awhile and I pushed her in her little red car.
Here she is--posing for me. I'm not sure what the face is about. She's a funny girl! She's starting to have such a personality--so fun and so beautiful!



Fun in the leaves! I was throwing leaves up in the air and she was cracking up! I'm not sure what was so funny about it, but she loved it. :) She's a sweetie! Patronizing Nana!




On Thursday, after Krista got back and I visited with her for a few minutes, I went out to Elbrooke to help my hubby clean out his mom's stuff from her room. That was a task that none of us really wanted to do, but it had to be done. I was doing o.k. with it until I opened a plastic box that contained her "Grandma" sweatshirts. That made me pretty sad. It's funny how we all take people and things for granted until they are gone from our lives. Maybe I'm the only one who feels this way.




After working out there for about 3 1/2 hours, I went and picked up the boys so that they could stay with us while their parents had Bible study at their house. We had a fun evening, although Baby Collin was a little fussy. He had gotten his 4 months shots that day--poor baby!




So, then comes Friday. We made a trip to Walmart, then about 4:30, the boys came over to spend the night with us!! Their mommy and daddy were taking the teens from church to a Big Daddy Weave concert. Thankfully, Uncle Josh came home on Friday too--he was a big help in playing with the boys, etc. Bryce and I (and Uncle Josh) baked some cookies on Friday evening. I decided we would make some sugar cookies and make them look like Ninja Turtles.

O.k., I know I'm not talented or artistic, but he was thrilled with them. He had a lot of fun dumping in the ingredients, using the mixer, and then putting the icing on the cookies. He put the green on and then I did the mask. He did lick his knife a few times. :) Surprising, huh?
Another shot of him showing off his cookie. He ate it and thought it was delicious. Actually, he ate part of it and then finished it for breakfast. He said that he sometimes asks Mommy if he can eat a cookie for breakfast and she says "Sure, you can eat cookies for breakfast". :)

The Little Guy was a little fussy again on Friday, but we enjoyed him anyway. He and Papaw hung out some while Nana and Bryce did the cookies. Here he is on Saturday morning, just an hour or so after he got up--went back to sleep. Isn't he beautiful and precious? I love the little rosy cheeks. :) (O.k., the chubby, rosy cheeks!!)

Saturday evening, I had the chance to go to Huntington to hear Dr. Bill Brown from Cedarville University at River Cities Community Church (where Josh is going). I also got to see the Duncans and was able to hug Jennifer! It was a great weekend. Hectic, but great. I love my family so much and enjoyed spending some time with the kids!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Cute kids to be sure! I think I'll pass on showing Ben the cookies. :-) I was so glad you were able to come on Sat. evening. It was good to get to see you and get hugs...wonder why you didn't get a hug from Scott? HaHa I'm sure he would have obliged but I'm not so sure you would have been thankful with what he may have given you...so far so good on the rest of the family!